March 16 COVID-19 Update
2020-03-16 12:47:33 PM
Dear friends of Women’s College Hospital,
With COVID-19 (coronavirus) now affecting people in all corners of the globe and spreading through our community, I want to provide you with an update on our response on behalf of Women’s College Hospital and the Foundation.
We are committed to the health and safety of the community we serve as well as that of our staff, donors and partners. We are closely monitoring and following all the advice of public health authorities to play our part as a resource for the community.
As the demand for COVID-19 assessment grows, Women’s College Hospital has opened a COVID-19 Assessment Centre. The Centre opened on March 14th. Please click here for important information on what to do prior to coming to the Centre and the services that are being provided.
Please also know that all staff and visitors coming to our hospital are now being actively screened for symptoms. People will only be able to access the hospital via the main entrance or from the parking garage.
The Foundation Office
In response to the public health advisories to limit large gatherings, the Foundation will be reducing its on-site staff as a precautionary measure. A majority of staff will begin working from home as of March 16th. At the request of the hospital, all Foundation appointments, meetings and events at the hospital have been postponed until at least May 1st. Although it is not business as usual, the Foundation is committed to remaining in touch with our donors and partners outside of face-to-face meetings.
We will continue to monitor the situation and return to regular operations as soon as the authorities give us the green light to do so. Until then, we will use our full virtual capacity to continue to carry on with our mission critical work that supports Women’s College Hospital and our staff, who are on the front-line of battling COVID-19.
All Foundation meetings will take place via telecommunications. We ask for the patience of our donor community as there may be delays in tax receipting and general correspondence. However, we are committed to addressing any questions or concerns so please do not hesitate to reach out to our Senior Leadership team of the Foundation at any time and we will get back to you within 24 hours:
The Foundation will remain in touch with our donor community and provide the most up to date information on the pandemic as it becomes available. Most importantly, we will continue to treat each other with kindness and caring. As a community and nation we have a long history of taking care of each other and wrapping our arms around those who need a little extra help. Our universal healthcare system is an expression of our values as a nation and our response to the pandemic will mirror our commitment to taking care of all who need it.
Reminders and Resources for You
Let’s all play our part and make sure we help reduce the risk of transmission. A few reminders:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm running water frequently, vigorously, and for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face
- Practice social distancing
- Feeling sick? Please stay home. Click here for important Fact Sheets and Resources.
- If you are concerned that you have COVID-19 or that you may have come into contact with someone who has COVID-19, please contact Telehealth (1-866-797-0000), your local public health unit or your healthcare provider and inform them of your concerns. Please do not visit your healthcare provider or assessment centre before calling ahead.
- Before coming to the Women’s College Hospital Assessment Centre, or any hospital ER or doctor’s office, please call Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) FIRST to see if you meet the criteria for COVID-19 screening. Note: Children under the age of 2 cannot be seen at the Women’s College Hospital Assessment Centre. Please call Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000) for a full list of available Assessment Centres.
- If you have travelled outside of Canada recently consider self isolating for 14 days
- Important resources for information: Public Health Agency of Canada and Ontario Ministry of Health & Long-Term Care
Thank you for your confidence and support during this challenging time. Should you have an urgent concern, please write us at email@example.com
If you want information regarding the hospital services please click here.
With our sincere gratitude,
Jennifer Bernard, CFRE
President & CEO
Women's College Hospital Foundation