Gift of Securities
Donating publicly traded stock and securities is an easy and tax-smart way to support Women’s College Hospital. You will receive a tax receipt for the full appreciated value of a donation of publicly traded stock or securities, and you will not have to pay capital gains tax.
How to Make Your Gift
To make a gift of publicly traded securities to Women’s College Hospital simply follow these steps:
1. Download a Transfer Form.
2. Complete all sections, especially the CUSIP # which is provided by your broker/investment advisor and identifies your transaction to avoid transfer delays.
3. Provide a copy of the completed form to your broker/investment advisor who will be responsible for the transfer.
4. Provide a copy of the completed form to Women’s College Hospital Foundation. Forms can be sent by email to email@example.com
or mail to:
Director, Finance and Donor Services
Women's College Hospital Foundation
76 Grenville Street
Toronto, ON M5S 1B2
416-323-6323 ext. 2343
5. Call us at 416-323-6323 ext. 2343
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
to let us know to expect your donation.
Your receipt will be valued based on the closing price on the date when the shares are legally transferred to the Foundation’s account at our custodial agent, RBC Dominion Securities
, and accepted by the Foundation. Shares are considered legally transferred only when delivery is confirmed by our custodial agent.
Women’s College Hospital Foundation’s policy is to sell all donated securities as soon as possible after they have been received.
For more information on making a gift of stocks or securities, view our information brochure here